Thursday, February 23, 2012

Foodie

I love to eat.  I really, really do.  And I have a lot of favorites that I lean towards, but I am also willing to try new things. Sometimes.  One things is always the same though, and that is that I will surely take a picture of it.
 
So here is what I've eaten in the last couple weeks...
 
.... according to my iPhone.




Tacos at home with a big side of fresh spinach.




Coffee for two in a huge French Press with Rock Candy stirrers and elephant creamers.



Mussels, clams and oysters with red wine and his family.




Sushi in the city.


Fresh fruit with mint and honey.  You've never had fruit so good!


Squid Salad with shaved and fried beets.


 Scrambled eggs for breakfast.


 Lobster and shrimp for Seafood Bisque.


 Seafood Bisque with Lobster Claw garnish.


 Arugula Scramble with goat cheese, chopped chilies and shaved Parmesan.


 Seltzer and Cranberry juice at the Bistro for breakfast.


 Raw Kobe beef slices served with a hot rock slab for cooking the meat yourself.



 Wonderful Filet at 677 with an entire head of garlic roasted and served on the side.  And those mashed potato sides.. one has roasted sweet corn and the other one has lobster chunks!


 This dessert went so fast that there were just smears of raspberry and chocolate sauce.



 Even the water has a life of its own!



 My best friend still loves whip cream on her hot chocolate!


and more fruit with mint and honey because I am totally addicted to it.  There, I said it.

I go through phases with food where I get addicted to something and I eat it over and over again for weeks, sometimes months, before I tire of it, or it goes out of season. Last year it was baked potatoes.  A baked potato for lunch with every different topping combo you could imagine.  And then the warm weather hit and I was over it.  Then for the summer it was Kalamata olives with mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, avocado, balsamic and olive oil.  For six months straight it was my lunch.  And then the cold weather came in and all my taste buds changed and now it's been fruit with chopped mint and honey.  In love!   Do any of you get on food kicks? 

...
sj*
...


2 comments:

  1. Food-ventures....how wonderful....i go on food kicks...right now it's wood fired pizza, spinach salad (no bacon) with a delightful hard boiled sliced egg...escargot from my favorite resturant...cappucino out of a ceramic mug and for dessert...flourless chocolate cake from the same place that has the snails. I can always do seafood as well as egg dishes...never gets tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eating out of mugs! And I am also thinking about eating nothing but raw foods for a week or so just to see...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...