Thursday, June 30, 2011

out of commission...

I am blessed in this life, but some days a little rain must fall.
A good friend accidentally slammed my fingers in a heavy door.
My three main fingers on my right hand.
The ones I use the most.
I have a chipped bone in my pointer finger just under the nail bed.
It hurts. A lot.
But the worst part is that I can't hold my tools to make any jewelry until it heals..
who knows when that will be.
It's also my camera holding hand, and my snap-a-picture finger.
:::sigh:::

But in the mean time, I will figure out what I can do,
and not meditate on what I can't.

Before my hand was so suddenly a victim, I took a great ride through 
our State Park, Minnewaska, with some of my friends and was reminded
of why I love the Hudson Valley so much.






















The White Birch is my favorite tree. And they are all over this area which makes
my insides really happy.  I guess you could say that I have a crush on them.
I love it when they shed their bark like a snake in the spring
and the cool, shaded earth gives it a resting place
until a lover like me comes along and claims it as art for my walls.

Later that evening I headed to the Waterfront where a friends band was playing 
and lovely people were drinking beers with me at tables on the closed off street
where we were in perfect view of the fireworks.







I hope you have a wonderful Freedom Day celebration.
I will be at a festival this weekend trying to keep my fingers out of danger
and my feet happily dancing.
love love love
to you all.

...
sj*
...

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I hope your fingers heal quickly, and luckily you can still DANCE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my...that sounds terrible! I hope the fingers heal fast. Happy 4th to you and thank you for the awesome pics! Yes, you can still dance as ShannonAnn said. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the Hudson Valley now too. What a gorgeous place, thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry to hear about your hand that is really a sad accident.

    Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. SJ-I can totally relate to the white birch in your backpack....it's so special...you got some great nature pictures. Ouch on the fingers... I hope they heal quick. Happy 4th! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much ladies for the well wishes. From your mouths to the healing ears!
    And for the record, I dance like Everybody's watching! Happy Freedom Day
    sj*

    ReplyDelete
  6. @noplace: thanks! they were really fun to take.. and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking about you today...I hope your fingers are healing fast xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...