Monday, May 9, 2011

Taraxacum

There are many times that see without really noticing.
We look around our daily lives and our eyes take things in 
but they also glance over and decide to not register things that seem familiar.
Things that seem in their place.
Things that have always been there, without question.

And then one day we are reminded to 'stop and smell the roses'
and we listen for a moment, maybe even take it literally.
And then our lives take over and the phone starts ringing and 
then there is work to be done and we stop
noticing.
We stop seeing.

As an artist I am so lucky that I don't have to work a 9-5 job to support
my art habit.
I am one of the lucky ones that can pay my bills with my art
and my music,
and the many skills that I have been blessed with.
And even in my colorful world with all it's eye candy
I must remind myself to stop and really look.
To see what my eye passes by and takes for granted.
To look at things with new perspectives
each and every moment.


Taraxacum

Lions Tooth

Child's Chain Grass

Worm Rose

Butter Flower

Dog Milk

Dandelion






































It's all about perception.
I am my best when I allow it to change, 
and change with it freely.

...
sj*
...

2 comments:

  1. Good morning SJ- thank you for the reminder to slow down and to see with flexibility xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always a good reminder for a monday, yes?
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...