Wednesday, May 18, 2011

strawberry jam and basil

I am finally home and rested after an amazing weekend.
My Band played a festival called the Strawberry Jam which
was full of great bands, and vendors, and people and
was also a benefit for two great organizations. 
One is a horse rescue called Solid Rock Ranch
and the other is a food donation group called
Strangers Helping Strangers. 

SHS got together with our promoter and The Band last year and attended
most of our shows, collecting non-perishable goods. It worked out really well
and we try and do as much with them as we can.















I am glad to be home...
but it has rained for the last 3 weeks.
And it's supposed to rain for the next 2 weeks.
I really want to plant my garden but that's not happening for a while it seems.





Maybe it's my yearning for summer,
or the grey is making me long for color, but
I have been eating nothing but caprese style everything lately...
with plenty of basil.
Thankfully, I have a basil plant that is doing very well indoors right now.
I love hitting the olive bar at my local store, plenty of kalamata's
and little red cherry tomatoes, and lots of mozzarella balls.
I have my own blend of seasoned olive oil and bail vinaigrette,
and then a blend of pepper and Italian seasoning.
and the basil. can't forget the basil.
I think this has been my lunch every day for a few weeks now.
I can be a creature of habit.


This evening I started a round of rivet necklaces.
Hopefully I can stay in my studio all week and not get pulled in ten different
directions.  I am most effectively creative when I can spend several days
making and not have to leave the studio much.  It rarely happens, but maybe
this blanket of rain will help with that.


I am also growing chamomile this year to make my own tea.
I want to try and reproduce my new favorite tea.
Honey Vanilla Chamomile.
It's so lovely, and now will forever remind me of Costa Rica.
Speaking of,  I should post another color round of pictures.
How about in honor of basil, we do green?
































pura vida.


...
sj*
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...