Monday, February 28, 2011

myriad and beyond...

My business name has been a topic of thought for me over the last few months.
Particularly because I am updating paperwork, 
and switching some legal business things around
and I have the opportunity to change the name of my company.

As hesitant as I am, I have done it before.
I wasn't as far into that name as I am this one though.
And it was still a hobby at that point.

I chose the word myriad because it spoke to my many sides.
It encompassed the spirit of the never ending amount of art forms
that i love to do.

But as far as encompassing everything I now know I want out of a name,
it does not live up completely.
I have also started concentrating a lot more on the jewelry side 
in the last five years.

So I started thing of names,
in case I did decide to switch.
And I think there is one that stands above all the others..
and I would love some input.
"Paragon"
par·a·gon  (pr-gn, -gn)  

 n.

1. A model of excellence or perfection of a kind; a peerless example: a paragon of virtue.
2. a. An unflawed diamond weighing at least 100 carats.
    b. A very large spherical pearl.
3. Printing A type size of 20 points.
tr.v. par·a·goned, par·a·gon·ing, par·a·gons
1. To compare; parallel.
2. To equal; match.


paragon
noun. model, standard, pattern, ideal, criterion, norm, jewel, masterpiece, prototype, paradigm, archetype, exemplar, nonpareil, best or greatest thing since sliced bread (informal) 

What do you think?
Any thoughts on changing your business name mid-stream?


...
sj*
...





2 comments:

  1. It sounds good to me but I know it's hard to change once you've already started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know... i'm so torn on the topic. and time is winding down... i'm usually great at making decisions, quickly even. but this is so permanent. hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...